780 542 2380 info@lindalerea.com

Become an REA Member.

As a potential new member your property must be with in the geographical region that has been identified as Lindale REA.


Contact Fortis
Contact Fortis Alberta (Toll-free: 1-855-333-9473) and advise them you want power to a property. You will need the legal land description of the property.
Fortis Verification
The Fortis Database will identify based on the legal land description that the land is in an REA service area.
Fortis Quote
Fortis will provide a quote to you and the REA contact information. The REA Secretary is also notified by Fortis to advise that a potential new member has requested a quote for new service.
Contact the REA
Contact the REA Secretary with your request for new service. The quote you receive from Fortis has a signature page which requires the REA Secretary’s signature.

Call 780 542 2380 or email: info@lindalerea.com

REA Member Contract
You will be required to sign the Lindale REA contract and pay a one time fee of $10. Lindale REA Contract
Send Quote to Fortis
Send the quote with signed signature page back to Fortis to arrange installation. You may have already been contacted by Fortis during this process to talk about installation and possibly have a visual assessment of the property.
Contact your Retailer

Once the installation is complete, it’s time to choose a retailer. The accepted REA Retailers are listed below. The services of an Electrician are required to provide the permit that the Retailer requires to install the power meter. Fortis looks after maintenance and auto meter reading and forwards this information to your Retailer who manages the billing process.

  • Atco Energy Ltd. 1
  • Campus Energy Partners LP
  • Direct Energy Partnership
  • Enmax Energy Corporation
  • Fluent Utilities Inc.
  • Hudson Energy Canada Corp.
  • Just Energy Alberta L.P.
  • Nexen Inc.
  • Utility Network and Partners Inc.
  • XOOM Energy Canada ULC